At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 40 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Hamburg, Germany and Jersey City, USA.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
What you will be doing
As part of our Technology team, you will be responsible for developing our air and ocean freight intelligence products.
- You will help us transform our monolithic Python + PostgreSQL backend into modular cloud-native solutions in AWS
- You will build and maintain infrastructure, monitoring, and deployment systems
- You will be building data processing services using cloud-native approach
- You will work closely with our Product teams to define, implement, and refine features and functionality
- You will educate your peers about AWS principles and best practices
Who you are
- You are a team player, you enjoy learning and improving the team around you and yourself
- You have 2-4 years of experience in developing web applications in AWS
- You have a good understanding of modern web technologies and data processing
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You are excited to work with many of the different parts that define a modern web application
- You're located (or willing to relocate) near Oslo (Norway) or Hamburg (Germany)
Not sure whether you're the perfect fit? Give it a try regardless - we love to hear from interesting people! Be sure to give us an idea of who you are as a person — Not just your professional experience.
- Experience using AWS for designing, monitoring, and maintaining high availability services
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (IaC), such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience with Docker container orchestration, such as ECS, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Fluency in English: oral and written
If you are not already authorized to work in Norway or Germany, a Bachelor's or a Master's in a relevant field is necessary.
Nice to have
- Relevant higher education
- AWS certifications
- Experience with Python, Celery, and PostgreSQL
What we offer
- You will be a part of a growing company that is transforming a backbone industry of global trade. Your work will impact how the deals are made in the established, important market that is worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
- You will work together with highly motivated colleagues that are curious to learn something new from you, and also to teach you what they are good at.
- You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- You can educate yourself during work hours: you can spend several hours each month attending courses, reading books or trying new tech in a side-project. We will cover courses, books and conference fees for you.
- We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
- We have flexible working hours (core time with meetings is 10:00 to 15:00, the rest is up to you) and you can work remotely for extended periods of time when needed.
- We will help you grow your career: our managers will help identify areas of improvement for you, either if you want to grow into a specialist in your field, or if you want to eventually go into leadership / management direction.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!