After 18 months of unpredictability and uncertainty in the supply chains, there is a big question on everyone’s mind – What can shippers and carriers expect from 2022 to develop supply chain resilience in the new normal?
The global supply chains have yet to recover to the pre-Covid normalcy after almost two years of witnessing historically acrimonious carrier-shipper relations, a worldwide driver shortage, rollovers, port quarantines, skyrocketing box rates and LNG prices, port congestion, Brexit, vaccines mandates etc.
Throughout 2021, Xeneta’s global index for the contract market has recorded a hike of 90.1% YoY, making it a highly profitable market for carriers but challenging for shippers. The September 2021 volumes into USWC also fell for the first time since June 2020.
Recently, many rate developments of key trades have fallen from the peak levels in October. Also, we might be looking at the end of this year’s peak demand season for US consumers. It is still unclear how recent COP 26 will affect liner shipping in 2022, and with carriers changing their offerings, it will be interesting to witness how this impacts the market.
This year, the market also proved that data is fundamental for any business as it drives decisions at the operational and strategic levels. In 2022, most businesses will depend highly on data to bring stability and predictability back in their global supply chains.
That is why we are bringing the most awaited webinar of the year, where we will look back at the black swan events so far and analyze current industry data to uncover the 2022 outlook.
Join our State of the Ocean Freight Market Webinar LIVE on November 23, 2021, with Patrik Berglund, Xeneta’s CEO & Co-Founder and Peter Sand, Chief Analyst at Xeneta, to discuss how current rate trends will impact the 2022 market outlook.
Webinar highlights & what you’ll learn
- How key 2021 supply & demand trends will shape 2022 and beyond
- What to expect for 2022 ocean freight rates?
- Rate analysis of the Top 5 global trade corridors
- Insights on how to use data to build supply chain resilience
- LIVE Q/A
Register today to save your seat!
Session 1 - November 23, 2021, at 10:00 AM EST/16:00 CET
Session 2 - November 23, 2021, at 3:00 PM EST/21:00 CET
Meet the Speakers
Patrik Berglund, CEO & Co-Founder, Xeneta
- As CEO and Co-founder since 2012, he has grown Xeneta to be the top worldwide ocean freight benchmarking and market analytics platform, ultimately transforming companies’ logistics procurement with actionable data intelligence.
- As a logistics and tech-enthusiast, he is passionate about modernizing business processes related to logistics procurement and the supply chain.
- He has in-depth logistics and transportation experience from several years at Kuehne + Nagel in various roles and as Co-Founder of Nordilog, a logistics consultancy firm.
Peter Sand, Chief Analyst, Xeneta
- Over a decade of experience of analyzing commercial markets based on the global economic situation and its influence on trade at BIMCO
- Throughout his career, Sand has been regarded for his widely read articles and industry insights and regular appearances on global news networks such as CNN, BBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg.
- Master’s in Economics from the University of Copenhagen
Sign Up Now to Change the Way You Procure Ocean Freight!
If you can’t attend LIVE, don’t worry. Simply sign up, and we will send you the recording after the webinar is completed. Please send us any questions you would like to see answered to firstname.lastname@example.org