On average, the entire thyssenkrupp entity ships about 50,000 TEUs annually from all around the world.
Main shipping lanes are Europe to and from China, Latin America and NAFTA countries (US, Canada and Mexico).
To ensure thyssenkrupp Presta Steering was receiving the best possible rates, it needed a tool for benchmark purposes.
The company had been using a 3PL but the decision was made for a more neutral, transparent solution.
Too much time spent on RFQs (Request For Quotations) and calculations.
Solution | Outcome
- A 3% decrease in costs based on thyssenkrupp’s target setting
- A 360° view of thyssenkrupp’s container freight rate performance resulting in real-time comparable data analytics.
- Advanced graphs and data visualization for users to discover untapped potential in their ocean freight spend.
- thyssenkrupp’s internal resources have been optimized thus improving efficiencies
- Delays in decision making have been reduced and decentralized with almost 50 internal global users and growing that uses the platform.
thyssenkrupp Presta Steering AG, a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp, is a manufacturer of steering systems worldwide as well as a leader of technology in the field of cold forging. With customers including VW, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Audi and Porsche, it’s no wonder that every 4th car worldwide operates with a Presta steering system.
Instant visibility into 350M+ ocean & air freight rates
Unlock accurate real-time data that boosts your bottom line. Make informed decisions and watch your shipping business grow with Xeneta.