Nouryon, formed in October 2018 after separating from AkzoNobel, is a global, specialty chemicals company headquartered in the Netherlands. They ship a wide array of polymers, inorganic and organic chemical products in over 80 countries, with an annual container usage of 55,000+ TEUs on approx. 6,000 shipping lanes.
- Disparate container volumes across various trade lanes with zero visibility into their spend.
- Inability to obtain on-demand and updated data needed to increase negotiation power with suppliers.
Solution | Outcome
- 74% trade lanes with benchmarking rate data
- Better visibility into the health of the historical and current market rates
- Actionable target rates to drive negotiations
- Savings potential identified during high market fluctuation period
- Stayed on top of the market - Confirmation of good rate performance regardless of market disruption