At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 25 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Germany and the US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
We are well into our growth stage and looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team of stellar engineers, sales, marketing, customer success and data folks. You will own the product strategy and its implementation for our biggest product, which brings price transparency to the Ocean shipping market. You will excel at both strategic and operational product management and have deep experience in high-growth SaaS B2B organisations. You will be motivational yet empathetic, articulate, detail-oriented and data-driven.
What you will be doing
You will own the product vision and roadmap from ideation through delivery to market launch and work hand-in-hand with our development team to deliver an outstanding user experience enabling Xeneta to be the one true global reference point for ocean freight.
- You will seek to understand the Ocean freight market and our customer/ base through qualitative and quantitative research, working alongside our UX Researcher.
- You will segment and prioritise the most valuable market opportunities for Xeneta to continue to grow.
- You will create and socialize the product roadmap across the business, engaging and getting buy-in from all internal stakeholders.
- You will define and execute team OKRs to meet strategic goals and initiatives while solving customer problems and creating business value.
- You will build strong relationships with internal stakeholders ensuring that customer feedback is heard and effectively managed.
- You will represent the customer during the development process to ensure the released product delights the customer and creates an engaging user experience.
- You will manage and prioritise the product backlog effectively.
- You will write user stories and collaborate with UX Designers to define requirements and provide clarity to the development team enabling an efficient and effective development process.
- Alongside product marketing, you will run the Go-To-Market process for your products ensuring internal alignment and readiness for launch.
- You will monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into the product development process.
- You will mentor other members of the Product and UX team to continue to drive Xeneta towards becoming a product-led organisation.
- You will work with data partners to provide additional context and value to our customers, defining commercial, technical and design integration plans.
Who you are:
- You have solid working experience in product and development working closely together in an agile environment including hands-on experience acting as the voice of the customer and writing user stories.
- You are customer-centric and have a passion to instil this focus throughout the product development team.
- You are outcome-oriented – able to articulate the customer problem to be solved and focus the team around this goal.
- You are passionate about a great user experience which delights our customers.
- You have a positive can-do attitude, can work well both independently and as part of a team – are biased towards action, constantly pushing towards clarity and delivery. You never hesitate to roll-up your sleeves and tackle tasks hands-on.
- You are confident yet humble – we work as a team, solving challenges together.
- You can build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders – inspiring them with your product strategy and building trust through delivering valuable business outcomes.
- 4+ years’ experience in product management for B2B SaaS platforms, ideally data analytics software.
- Experience gathering data to inform product strategy and development, especially product user analytics platforms.
- Sufficient technical know-how to have conversations with, and garner respect from developers and data analysts.
- Good understanding of the role of product within small empowered, agile product teams.
- Being outcome-oriented – able to articulate the customer problem to be solved and focus the team around this goal.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Continuous improvement of product processes to optimise the business value.
- A desire to mentor junior team members in the Product and UX function.
- Fluency in English: oral and written
If you are not already authorized to work in Norway or Germany, a Bachelor's or a Master's in a relevant field is necessary.
Nice to have:
- An understanding of the shipping and/ or air freight logistics industry would be a plus. Likewise experience in a similar industry which has undergone significant digitisation to price transparency.
- Experience product managing data analytics software.
Not sure whether you’re the perfect fit? Give it a try regardless – we love to hear from interesting people! Be sure to give us an idea of who you are as a person – Not just your professional experience.
What we offer:
- You will be a part of a growing company that is currently redefining a multi-million dollar industry through a period of unprecedented upheaval. Your work will have significant impact on this.
- You will work together with highly motivated colleagues who are curious to learn something new from you, and also to teach you what they are good at.
- You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- You can educate yourself during work hours: you can spend several hours each month attending courses, reading books, getting involved in the product management community. We will cover courses, books and conference fees for you.
- We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
- We have flexible working hours (core time with meetings is 10:00 to 15:00, the rest is up to you) and you can work remotely for extended periods of time when needed.
- We will help you grow your career: our managers will help identify areas of improvement for you, either if you want to grow into a specialist in your field, or if you want to eventually go into leadership / management direction.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to hearing from you!