Location: Jersey City, NJ
At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 45 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Hamburg, Germany and New Jersey, US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and air freight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
As a Sales Analyst (SA) at Xeneta, you will be part of a group of solution minded sales team working together to bring ocean and air freight data to customers. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around logistics/supply chain management, ocean freight, air freight, RFQ’s, Budgets, Overall Spend and industry specific current events. This means a successful SA at Xeneta will develop a thorough understanding of international ocean and air freight shipping, negotiation strategy, transportation procurement, and operational knowledge of global trade infrastructure. Your main objective is to take Xeneta data and communicate an effective ROI strategy to support customer acquisition through detailed findings in data analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with account executives to plan and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully identify customer pains through data/ offer potential risk factors
- Work in multiple levels of Xeneta data
- Establish a personal rapport with potential customers at peer level to entrench Xeneta credibility
- Complete thorough analysis of prospect data and prepare information to present in executive level business case conversations
- Overcome objections related to data insights and data credibility
- Actively manage a pipeline of incoming data across multiple accounts and data sets
- Create custom reporting to support Value Assessments/Business Cases
- Build new workflows to improve RMT and Sales communication and Value Assessments/Coverage
- Develop new perspectives and narratives through data
- Work with sales leaders to build and scale the department
Minimum Requirements for this role:
- 2+ years’ experience working with in-depth data analysis/projections (or customers in a pre-sale, customer success, customer/product support capacity)
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Data processing skills
- Presentational skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, and Power Point (all data pivoting tools welcomed)
- Experience with the following concepts: benchmarking, contract analysis, ocean and air pricing data
What We Offer:
- A great work environment with highly motivated people.
- You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year.
- We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
- You can join our regular team-building activities, both locally, globally and/or virtually.
- Additional benefits include flexible working hours and educational opportunities.
- An opportunity to be a part of building and growing a global company that is transforming the shipping and logistics industries.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- Our Impact: We’re category leaders digitalizing the way ocean and air freight is procured bringing on-demand actionable data to all industry stakeholders. We’re moving fast.
- Our Technology: Deep data analytics and integrations coupled with a scalable, sleek and beautiful user interface.
- Our Customers: Big companies like Nestle, Electrolux, ABB, John Deere, Unilever, Puma and many others.
- Our Team: Shipping, consulting and tech all-stars on our roster.
- Our Values: We are one. Variety and fairness. Transparency builds trust. Modernization through data.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.