At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 25 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Germany and the US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
We are well into our growth stage and looking for a Product Manager to join our team of stellar engineers, sales, marketing, customer success and data folks. We aren’t looking for just any Product Manager. We are looking for a Product Manager who has the passion, lead-by-example, forward-thinking and analytical traits that will help us further build and execute upon our product vision.
What you will be doing
You will own the product vision and roadmap from ideation through delivery to market launch. We are looking for someone with many successful product launches under their belt who can demonstrate solid product management skills while building strong relationships with sales, customer success, marketing, technology, as well as our customers.
• You will create and socialize the product roadmap across the business, engaging and getting buy-in from all internal stakeholders.
• You will define and execute team OKRs to meet strategic goals and initiatives while solving customer problems and creating business value.
• You will be obsessive about data. Seeking out and collating user, customer, market, competitor analysis, and other business metrics. Soliciting and embracing critical feedback.
• You will represent the customer during the development process to ensure the released product delights the customer and creates an engaging user experience.
• You will manage and prioritize the product backlog effectively.
• You will write user stories and collaborate with UX to define requirements and provide clarity to the development team enabling an efficient and effective development process.
• Alongside product marketing, you will run the Go-To-Market process for your products ensuring internal alignment and readiness for launch.
• You will monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into the product development process.
Who are you
• A champion of product and development working closely together in an agile environment including extensive product owner experience acting as the voice of the customer, writing user stories, ensuring customer feedback is heard and demonstrating the value which newly-built features provide to customers.
• You are customer-centric and have a passion to instil this focus throughout the product development team.
• You are outcome-oriented – able to articulate the customer problem to be solved and focus the team around this goal.
• You are passionate about great design and a user experience which delights our customers.
• You have a positive can-do attitude, can work well both independently and as part of a team – are biased towards action, constantly pushing towards clarity and delivery. You never hesitate to roll-up your sleeves and tackle tasks hands-on.
• You are confident yet humble – we work as a team, solving challenges together.
• Prior experience in product management for B2B SaaS platforms, ideally data analytics software.
• Experience gathering data to inform product strategy and development, especially product user analytics platforms.
• Sufficient technical know-how to have conversations with, and garner respect from developers and data analysts.
• Being outcome-oriented – able to articulate the customer problem to be solved and focus the team around this goal.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
• Fluency in English: oral and written
• Ideally located in/ near Oslo, Norway or Hamburg, Germany.
If you are not already authorized to work in Norway or Germany, a Bachelor's or a Master's in a relevant field is necessary.
Nice to have
• Experience/ an understanding of the shipping and/ or air freight logistics industry would be a plus. Likewise experience in a similar industry which has undergone significant digitization to price transparency.
• Experience product managing data analytics software.
Not sure whether you’re the perfect fit? Give it a try regardless – we love to hear from interesting people! Be sure to give us an idea of who you are as a person – Not just your professional experience.
What we offer
• You will be a part of a growing company that is currently redefining a multi-million dollar industry through a period of unprecedented upheaval. Your work will have significant impact on this.
• You will work together with highly motivated colleagues who are curious to learn something new from you, and also to teach you what they are good at.
• You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
• You can educate yourself during work hours: you can spend several hours each month attending courses, reading books, getting involved in the product management community. We will cover courses, books and conference fees for you.
• We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.