At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 40 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Hamburg, Germany and New Jersey, US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and air freight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
What you will be doing
We are looking for an highly-motivated Financial Controller to join our growth journey. You will be a part of our finance team and work closely together with our VP of Finance. In addition, you will also collaborate with other teams and colleagues generally as a trusted business partner. This will give you valuable insights and exposure to different areas in an international tech scale-up. We are growing quickly, which will open up new opportunities to learn and grow in and beyond this position.
- Monthly reporting and forecasts
- Participate in year-end closing and audit
- Communicate with and follow up on external third-party accountant
- Overseeing payroll process in close cooperation with HR and third-party consultant
- Supporting the organization with ad-hoc problem-solving related to finance
- Contributing to optimizing internal controls and the reporting process
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or similar
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in accounting, controlling and/or auditing
- Solid working knowledge of Norwegian GAAP
- Strong skills in Excel and other relevant IT systems
- Knowledge of working with ERP-systems
- Professional fluency in English
- Ideally work experience from an accounting firm (such as Big Four)
Personal qualities we look for:
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Structured and an eye for detail
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Optimistic and positive mindset
- Flexible and solution-oriented
What we offer
- A great work environment with highly motivated people.
- You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: 5-10 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- We value work-life balance, and we want to make sure you can spend quality time with your family or enjoy your hobbies when your work-day is over.
- Subsidized lunches at the office, free snacks and drinks.
- We have a vibrant office in the heart of Oslo with a fun social area.
- You can join our regular team-building activities, both locally, globally and/or virtually.
- An opportunity to be a part of building and growing a global company that is transforming the shipping and logistics industries.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Impact: We’re category leaders digitalizing the way ocean and air freight is procured bringing on-demand actionable data to all industry stakeholders. We’re moving fast.
- Our Technology: Deep data analytics and integrations coupled with a scalable, sleek and beautiful user interface.
- Our Customers: Big companies like Nestle, Electrolux, ABB, John Deere, Unilever, Puma and many others.
- Our Team: Shipping, consulting and tech all-stars on our roster
- Our Values: We are one. Variety and fairness. Transparency builds trust. Modernization through data.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply and we will be in touch!