At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 25 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Germany and the US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
What you will be doing
As part of our Operations team, you will be responsible for defining and applying IT and IT security strategies for the organization. You will drive our efforts towards attaining the ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certifications. Together with the IT Manager, you will ensure that we have the tools, processes and training to deliver a high functioning organization, eliminating any barriers between the user and the tasks they want to achieve.
The position will start with line management of the IT Manager, and also the larger IT team as we grow and will report to the COO.
Direct responsibilities include:
• Define and realize IT strategy together with the IT Manager for the organization
• Define, implement, and train employees in IT security for the organization
• Oversee documentation and training for all IT related matters
• Lead the company’s efforts towards ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certification
In addition, the role will work closely with other teams and functions across Xeneta:
• Close work with the Legal team on GDPR and Compliance
• Collaboration with the Infrastructure and Operations team in R&D on security
• Alignment across various functions, such as the development of the Xeneta platform, integrations and utilization across Salesforce, NetSuite, Microsoft 365, Slack, and other similar services utilized by Xeneta.
Who are you
• You are a team player, supporting colleagues with your experience and expertise
• You have 5+ years of professional experience
• You have experience managing change and processes in a company
• You have experience within IT and know of its organizational challenges
• You acknowledge and appreciate that you occasionally need take on tasks that are not your direct responsibilities to help your team
• You enjoy learning and improving yourself and the team and organization around you
• You’re located (or willing to relocate) near Hamburg, Germany (preferred) or Oslo, Norway
• You have excellent written and spoken English
• You have experience in system administration and information management
• You are a strong communicator and feel comfortable speaking to colleagues, vendors, and customers
• You are attentive to detail and don’t mind getting hands-on
• You know how to transform technobabble into proper English
• You have experience with promoting and improving company documentation across Microsoft SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence, or similar services
If you are not already authorized to work in Norway or Germany, a Bachelor's or a Master's in a relevant field is necessary.
Nice to have
While we don’t expect all to be covered, we are looking for someone with knowledge within several of these areas in addition to the firmer requirements above:
• Relevant higher education
• Experience in a B2B SaaS organization
• Experience implementing ISO 27001 or ISO 9001
• Experience optimizing SharePoint
• Experience managing outsourced IT providers
• Experience managing vendors providing services
• Experience working within Microsoft 365
What we offer
• You will enjoy our generous vacation plan: approximately 5-7 extra paid days off around public holidays throughout the year, in addition to 5 weeks of paid vacation.
• We have flexible working hours, with core hours for meetings between 10:00 to 15:00 CET. If you need personal time off during the core hours, we are flexible to making things work.
• With more work not requiring office presence, we are also happy to figure out solutions so you can work remotely from wherever you want for extended periods of time.
• You will be a part of a growing company that is transforming a backbone industry of the global trade. Your work will impact how the deals are made in the established, important market that is worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
• You will work together with highly-motivated colleagues that are curious to learn something new from you, and also to teach you what they are good at.
Not sure whether you're the perfect fit? Give it a try regardless - we love to hear from interesting people! Be sure to give us an idea of who you are as a person — Not just your professional experience.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.