At Xeneta, we are a group of diverse individuals working together to transform the global shipping and supply chain industry. We have a positive and supportive culture built by people from more than 25 different nationalities. We stick together, we respect each other; we are one. We love to learn and get better every single day, and have fun doing so. Xeneta is headquartered in Oslo, and we have been continuing our growth with offices in Germany and the US.
Through our SaaS platform, we focus on bringing transparency to the container shipping and airfreight market and strive towards becoming the global reference point for ocean and air freight pricing. We have amazing customers including big brands like Unilever, Electrolux, Continental, Puma, Nestlé, and ThyssenKrupp.
We are backed by top-tier investors. In addition to Nordic investors like Investinor and Creandum, New York based hedge fund Luxor Capital recently bought a stake in Xeneta pricing the company at over NOK 1.1 billion, allowing us to more aggressively invest for growth.
We are proud of our achievements and were named one of the hottest tech scale-ups in Norway by TheNextWeb in 2019, Gartner Cool Vendor' in 2018 and Norway's 'Startup of the Year' in 2016.
What you will be doing
The Director of Corporate Development will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including developing and executing Xeneta’s strategy and forecast budget and long-term financial model. Further, the candidate will work with business development in new verticals and advise management and the board on strategic matters, business development and investment priorities. Other tasks include contributing to the development of Xeneta’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization. In addition to this the candidate will work on investor relations, creating board materials and be responsible for structuring management meetings including providing data-led insights for decision making.
The position reports to the COO, George Thomas.
• Developing/executing Capital & M&A strategy including building relationships across the ecosystem (bankers, VC, PE, potential target companies)
• Forecasting budget and long-term financial model
• Business development in new verticals
• Advising the CEO, board and key shareholders on strategic matters, financial planning budgeting, and investment priorities
• Contributing to the development of Xeneta’s strategic goals and objectives, including further internationalization as well as the overall management of the organization
• Upgrading and implementing new systems / policies, controls, and procedures (shareholder registry, accounting providers, office space, CRM system)
• Masters’ degree in a relevant field
• 3-6 years of experience from top-tier management consulting or management consulting in combination with experience from similar position as this in a start up/scaleup
• A strong understanding of software and technology, strategic development of software companies and software/technology trends globally
• Commercial understanding and business acumen combined with high intellectual capacity and strong numerical capabilities
• Curious, interested, and relevant. Up to date on new trends and industry knowledge
• You are a mature, trustworthy and socially confident person who builds strong, lasting, cross-disciplinary relationships internally and externally
• Ability to build structure, function and thrive in a fast-growing, young and sometimes unstructured company
• You are a “do’er” with the ability to “get things done”
• Strong interpersonal skills and high degree of integrity that is able to convey the impression of Xeneta as a highly professional company
• You have the personal discipline and stamina needed in order to work hard and independently in a sometimes hectic business environment
What we offer
• A great work environment with highly motivated people
• Competitive benefits, along with a generous vacation plan, flexible working hours and educational opportunities
• An opportunity to be a part of building and growing a global company that is transforming the shipping and logistics industries
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Our Impact: We’re category leaders digitalizing the way ocean and air freight is procured bringing on-demand actionable data to all industry stakeholders. We’re moving fast.
• Our Technology: Deep data analytics and integrations coupled with a scalable, sleek and beautiful user interface.
• Our Customers: Big companies like Nestle, Electrolux, ABB, John Deere, Unilever, Puma and many others.
• Our Team: Shipping, consulting and tech all-stars on our roster
• Our Values: We are one. Variety and fairness. Transparency builds trust. Modernization through data.
Xeneta is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please submit your CV, application, and grade transcripts here!
For further information please contact Kjetil Haug-Nodeland in Boyden Executive Search, tlf: +47 91 16 77 03 or Line Hilmersen in Boyden Executive Search, tlf: +47 93 48 62 23.